duminică, 29 ianuarie 2012

Goals and expectations

I can admit that the first thing that came to my mind when i decided to do the marathon was to win. Especially since the prize is 3000 euros. But that was until i saw that last year, 6000 persons competed in this marathon. And the winner did it in 2 hours and 17 minutes.
Now, i'm not vain enough to think that i can beat that, but i still have some goal for this marathon and for the training before:
  • To be in the first 10%. This means, to be between the first 600 to pass the finish line
  • To know i did my best. No matter if i finish in 2 hours or 6, i want to know that i did my best, that i didn't slow down just because i was a bit tired, etc.
  • To train everyday. Not run everyday, that is, but do something towards my goal everyday. Even if it is a good walk.
  • To eat well. No one did a marathon eating pizza and chips. Lately, i've eaten really bad,which is why i want to start eating healthier in order to train better. No more 12 am pizzas for me
  • To post everyday. I started this blog to keep myself accountable, and this is what i will do. No excuses
This will be it for the moment...i'm sure i will have more to add later, but now i have some reading to do. And a training plan to chose.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu